You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12-2-2020 22:28:55  #1

CCR Prefix on Remington Remette

Greetings All

A couple of days ago on a local Kijiji site, a seller listed a Remington Remette with the serial number CCR23780. The CCR prefix does not show up on The Typewriter Database and all the CR prefix Remettes have a 6 digit serial number. Does anyone know if this prefix indicates that this machine may have been made in Canada? Thanks and all the best,

Sky

We humans go through many computers in our lives, but in their lives, typewriters go through many of us.
In that way, they’re like violins, like ancestral swords. So I use mine with honor and treat them with respect.
I try to leave them in better condition than I met them. I am not their first user, nor will I be their last.
Frederic S. Durbin. (Typewriter mania and the modern writer)

13-2-2020 16:13:02  #2

Re: CCR Prefix on Remington Remette

I checked all of my Canadian Remingtons and none use that prefix. There are CXs, CJs, and CMs in there but none, including all of those manufactured elsewhere, use a three letter prefix. Did you see a photo of the serial number? It's very possible the seller misread the third digit; maybe it should be an 8 instead or the reported R? 

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

Board footera