You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24-6-2021 13:53:41  #21

Re: glass keys

One thing I have found interesting about the Olympia keyboards is that they are slightly narrower than the American brand keyboards I have measured. My Oly SM4 and SM7 keyboards both measure 6 - 1/2 inches from the Q to the P key (measured from the left edge of each). Whereas, all of my American's measure 7 inches from Q to P. The Hermes measures not quite 6 - 3/4. It makes it a little bit of an adjustment when switching from one to the other.
    Regarding the key shape and surface I can use either, though the sculpted plastic keys cradle my finger tips better and so are better for fast typing. The only general keyboard I have a problem with is the old Remington keyboard where the round keys are very small and seem more widely spaced apart, though they measure the same. My pinkie finger just seems to fall into the abyss between keys a lot more often with those Remingtons.

Bangin' around, this dirty old town, typin' for nickels and dimes...

26-6-2021 09:19:53  #22

Re: glass keys

That's interesting. The SM9 is even narrow from Q to P than my brother ultraportables. I never would have suspected that, since the former dwarfs the latter and even pushes the envelope of "portable." 

treefaller wrote:

One thing I have found interesting about the Olympia keyboards is that they are slightly narrower than the American brand keyboards I have measured. My Oly SM4 and SM7 keyboards both measure 6 - 1/2 inches from the Q to the P key (measured from the left edge of each). Whereas, all of my American's measure 7 inches from Q to P. The Hermes measures not quite 6 - 3/4. It makes it a little bit of an adjustment when switching from one to the other.
    Regarding the key shape and surface I can use either, though the sculpted plastic keys cradle my finger tips better and so are better for fast typing. The only general keyboard I have a problem with is the old Remington keyboard where the round keys are very small and seem more widely spaced apart, though they measure the same. My pinkie finger just seems to fall into the abyss between keys a lot more often with those Remingtons.

Board footera