You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10-3-2022 18:24:31  #11

Re: Hermes 10 Electric - In Coming...

Nice cleanup, looks great! I like the logo with that centered big 10.

- Be kind 

22-3-2022 18:54:47  #12

That's a pretty beast!

Typewriter Service Tech (and avid nerd)

21-5-2022 11:47:56  #13

Pete E. wrote:

I did have to pay a "dear" price of a bit over $ 200 USD since I was up against another bidder.

But two other machines for sale here in the USA out of Washington State have asking prices of $ 685 and $ 650, respectively.  First one is fully serviced with a new platen in a retail shop.  Second one is claimed to be fully refurbished and cleaned but interior photos show otherwise with lost of correcto-tape and eraser dust and sold from a home business.

Since I got some bargain prices for the last 2-3 machines in-coming, I do not mind spending a bit more on this Hermes 10.

I am hoping it types was well as my Olympia SGE-35 and my Facit 1840.  Similar size, weight, and foot print amongst these 3 machines.

I suspect the case with my in-coming machine is not factory-issue...but seems like it did its job keeping good care of the machine.  I will probably go with a nice cotton dust cover on the machine when in my home.

I was fortunate to have picked up a Hermes 10 on eBay, yet the seller was local!  Yay no shipping! It’s in working condition but the rubber feet are crumbling. This machine is “case-less” and has different feet than some others. If I cannot locate replacements I’ll improvise. Anyone have a source? Thanks for the belt information about the belts.

"When I look at my life and it's secret colors, I feel like bursting into tears" Albert Camus
I type standing up.

21-5-2022 12:40:21  #14

Ok here is a close up of these giant Hermes 10 feet!
[img]blob:https://typewriter.boardhost.com/24df901b-1e54-4529-b0a8-5e405e2298bc[/img]

"When I look at my life and it's secret colors, I feel like bursting into tears" Albert Camus
I type standing up.

21-5-2022 12:53:40  #15

Sk8rcruz

Your photo link does not open up to a photo.

Here is a photo of the very decent feet on my machine.

21-5-2022 13:06:20  #16

Thank you so much! I’ll be working on my posting skills today. There’s so much I want to learn and share. Those could be the same size. The feet on this Hermes 10 maybe look wider because they are smooshed and crumbling.

I copied the Imgur link with advice from mr. FountainPensPlus. Hope it works now!

I type standing up.

21-5-2022 13:09:23  #17

[img][/img]

Sk8rcruz wrote:

Thank you so much! I’ll be working on my posting skills today. There’s so much I want to learn and share. Those could be the same size. The feet on this Hermes 10 maybe look wider because they are smooshed and crumbling.

I copied the Imgur link with advice from mr. FountainPensPlus. Hope it works now!

I type standing up.

21-5-2022 15:11:27  #18

Sk8rcruz,

Mr. Jacques Perrier who lives in Switzerland is one of the largest Hermes (and other make) parts-sellers.

He runs a typewriter museum as well.

You can reach him at this museum web site...contact info. at the bottom of the home page.  He sells and ships parts all over the globe.

https://machineaecrire.ch/

Jacques is also active on a couple of the FaceBook typewriter groups, as well.

Pete...

23-5-2022 07:49:48  #19

Found this email info for Jacques Perrier on a FaceBook typewriter site :

info@perrier-sa.ch

01-6-2022 11:32:34  #20

Sk8rcruz,

When you have a minute, let me know if your o-ring belts for your Hermes 100 arrived on your end.

If you need help figuring out how to take off the plastic cowlings (to access the belt area) , let me know...

Board footera