You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04-6-2022 23:39:49  #21

Re: Do ALL Smith Corona Portables sound like a 22 pistol?

Phil_F_NM wrote:

Thanks Uwe! I'll use preview from now on to make sure the extra HTML bits don't interfere with the actual text.

As for the firearms comparisons, I've noticed that folks who collect and use (or simply collect) firearms are often those who also enjoy collecting and using mechanical cameras, fountain pens, old bicycles (usually made of steel), and automobiles with carburetors. ...and of course, typewriters.

Phil Forrest

I don't collect any of those, although I do have too many typewriters and not enough good ones. I do have and use old cameras, I ride bicycles (one aluminum, one steel), and I have a non-collectible .22 pistol that I rarely use.

In fact I'm just replacing the bellows on my Mamiya 6 folding camera this weekend, or so I hope. (this one's not mine)

05-6-2022 07:55:46  #22

I don't collect firearms but I have an extensive collection of cameras too.  I also started collecting old slide rules, waiters cork screws, vintage stereo stuff and and a few old Bell telephones.  I bought my 1st typewriter, a SCM Classic 12 in 1983...that's about the time I got into cameras as well.  I don't need any more stuff so I have resisted collecting fountains pens.  Oh and I have two cats!  
I think I passed the test for this group.

06-6-2022 10:04:56  #23

If I lived in a place like the US Id definitely be a firearms collector, but as things are much more restrictive here in Europe I only own a few hunting rifles and a revolver. I definitely prefer the classics & don't care much for modern guns. Im a bit into knives as well & I actually shot film and collected vintage cameras for a while, vintage calculators of cause, so I guess I fit the spectrum. Dont care much for cars tho. 

Luckily Typewriters haven't been outlawed yet, eh? Enough about me.. 

Learned watchmaker and office machine enthusiast from Germany.

Board footera