You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11-1-2018 22:34:17  #61

Re: What kind of paper are you using?

I generally use standard printer paper.  I have typed in just about anything I can roll in there though.  Tissue paper, napkins, playing cards, a piece of leather, canvas, etc.  I have done watercolor paper, but it’s a bit thick...though it takes the ink nicely.  I tend to like the more ivory colored paper, in a thicker textured card stock.  It just looks nice.

Typewriter Service Tech (and avid nerd)

13-6-2018 16:56:41  #62

I rarely use Standard printer Paper because its so thin...

I do 90% of my letters on “Original Crown Mill - Laid Paper 100g in A4 size” then fold in 3 and use the same envelopes.

See here for pictures of the paper:
http://jip.li/nk/xmyf7
http://jip.li/nk/7h3r0

14-6-2018 23:11:12  #63

I have been using the El Cheapo paper that I swipe from the office.  Two sheets!  One to type on, and one as a platen-saving backer.
Its okay. 

But I *do* have some NOS high-grade paper squirreled away for those special occasions that have never come up.

I riffle through the old carbon copies of letter my mother typed back in the 1950's, and they (the copies, not the originals), and they were typed on onionskin paper.   That might be cool to have around for special occasions...

I've scanned in some of our very old greeting cards.  I might print them out on high-grade cotton paper and use that as my stationery, killing two birds with one stone.

-- Ardie

11-6-2020 15:25:08  #64

I recently got a great deal on 2500 sheets of Hammermill 24lb bright white that works both in my printer and very well in all of my machines (so far.) 
Two rolls of paper just arrived and I have only tested them for smearing and bleeding.
One is 8"x 60yds of white roller paper. Not sure what application it is for but it is about 28lb and the ink lays on perfectly; no smearing, although this paper feels coated. It may have trouble in a few of my portables with the dryer rollers.
The other roll is a 6"x 60yd 3M craft paper for masking and painting. This looks great with blue or black ink, and the fibers are visible as well, giving it a texture. Holds ink great, also no smearing or bleeding. The only issue is that it can easily wrinkle when first drawing the paper in, so I need to figure out how to not make that first few inches a waste.

Phil Forrest

14-11-2022 21:02:16  #65

Found these interesting images, print them out in color on 24lbs. bond, and then type on it...

05-12-2022 00:52:09  #66

My wife and I recently challenged each other to a 31-day poetry writing exercise - we each write a poem a day for the month of December.  I found a stack of old Southworth parchment paper - about 40 sheets - and am using that.  It gives me a small margin of error in case I need to make any revisions.

My wife, on the other hand, just steals paper out of the printer tray.  Sigh. 

Board footera