You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05-4-2013 18:09:17  #1

I think I am going to get rid of all my typers but one

I have been doing some thinking. I think I a going to get rid of all my typers except for my Royal Apollo 10. I don't use them at all. I do enjoy them and I guess they could make cool wall art but I think I would be better off just using the Apollo 10 because it is comfortable. Now here is the question. How should I get rid of them? I could just take them to the scrapyard which would suck because that is where I rescued them from. I could list them on Craigslist but that is a joke or I could just give them away. What to do? Any ideas?

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. This way if you're right you will have a headstart and they will be barefoot.

05-4-2013 19:31:07  #2

Re: I think I am going to get rid of all my typers but one

Hemingway wrote:

I have been doing some thinking. I think I a going to get rid of all my typers except for my Royal Apollo 10. I don't use them at all. I do enjoy them and I guess they could make cool wall art but I think I would be better off just using the Apollo 10 because it is comfortable. Now here is the question. How should I get rid of them? I could just take them to the scrapyard which would suck because that is where I rescued them from. I could list them on Craigslist but that is a joke or I could just give them away. What to do? Any ideas?

Hemingway, I would suggest that if you don't keep ALL of your typewriters, you should keep at least two. If your Apollo 10 needs repair you should have a backup. As for the others, I think the best suggestion would be to see that they find their way into the hands of collectors who will appreciate them. Whether you sell them or give them away, it's up to you. Why don't you post a list on the BUY AND SELL on this forum, and see if there is any interest here before you look elsewhere?

"Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of the typewriter."

05-4-2013 19:44:36  #3

I may do that. I'll put them on here, the money can go to the forum and the buyer just pays shipping.

Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes. This way if you're right you will have a headstart and they will be barefoot.

07-4-2013 18:05:14  #4

At the risk of stating the obvious, what's wrong with eBay? I think Valiant is offering sound advice, but for the ones you don't want you might as well give it a go.

Board footera