You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

14-1-2015 18:08:13  #11

Re: Standard Recommendation

JustAnotherGuy wrote:

On these office machines, the backspace is on the left (where it belongs!)

Oh boy, just realized you said you preferred RIGHT instead of left like I thought. Very sorry about that!

Last edited by JustAnotherGuy (15-1-2015 20:30:33)

05-2-2015 23:21:02  #12

Even though the backspace key is on the left, I wholeheartedly recommend a Royal HH. It is my standard machine and was my second typewriter. The only issue I have with mine is that the space bar is quick on the trigger, no matter how fast I type. I'm sure it's merely an adjustment, though. Other than that, it types with power and ease. You have lots of other suggestions here that have the backspace where you like it, so I can only offer my humble opinion in spite of that difference in the layout of the keys. Whatever you decide on, I hope it brings you joy!

06-2-2015 05:32:21  #13

I've never used an SG1, but I just this week got the SG3 to type, and it is gloirious - and I'm totally in love with my SM3 and SM8. And I would NOT be able to cope with the back space key being on the left! I have a Quiet Riter and that is one of the main reasons I can't use it. Janet, I recommend that you stick with the Olympias - they're the best! (Having said which, I'm also very interested in Hermes, but aside from the Baby they're not even that easy to find in London.)

26-3-2015 14:15:11  #14

I have two Remingtons just like the one Uwe posted pictrues of.   Never thought of them as a pair, nice to be clued in.  And yes, one has to deal with the typewriter models one finds close by, unless cost is of no account.  But that adds a element of surprise in collecting.

Board footera