You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31-3-2015 13:59:15  #1


A Remington Quiet-Riter

I just found a Remington Lite-Riter at a garage sale for $20.  It looked well kept.   I cleaned  it up anyway, taking the case off and all (the mask I have read).   It types beautifully with an elite font.   Not a flaw, and even the platen is in good shape with some cushion left--hardly been used.  It is well insulated too, so is quiet.  It is light green and a little smaller than my 1951 Remington Letter-Riter, brown; this machine has a hardy feeling, the Lite-Riter has a more light typing action., but solid.   But...I cannot find the serial number, strange.   Anyone know where to look? 

Last edited by Uwe (01-4-2015 15:51:38)

 

31-3-2015 14:52:35  #2


Re: A Remington Quiet-Riter

What's a "Lite-Riter"? I know Remington made a Quiet-Riter, a Letter-Riter, and even a Travel-Riter, but I'm unfamiliar with the "Lite-Riter". Can you post a photo of it? 

If it's similar to the models I listed, the serial number should be located to the right side of the right ribbon spool where the ribbon cover hinges.

 

31-3-2015 16:55:23  #3


Re: A Remington Quiet-Riter

Now I'm curious too.

 

01-4-2015 13:34:10  #4


Re: A Remington Quiet-Riter

I'm sorry, the Remington is a Quiet-Riter.

     •Thread Starter
 

01-4-2015 15:52:24  #5


Re: A Remington Quiet-Riter

Guess I'll Try wrote:

I'm sorry, the Remington is a Quiet-Riter.

No problem, I changed the title of this thread (topic) to avoid confusion. Did you locate the serial number?

 

02-4-2015 18:50:53  #6


Re: A Remington Quiet-Riter

 Yes I located it, but I don't have it with me right now.  Have it posted tomorrow.

     •Thread Starter
 

04-4-2015 16:40:30  #7


Re: A Remington Quiet-Riter

Remington Quiet-Riter  serial number;  QR3386369.

     •Thread Starter
 

Board footera