You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10-8-2015 18:31:36  #1

My Desk Runneth Over!

OK, I'm helpless when it comes to picking up nifty stuff like a brass & marble stamp roll holder.

And a brass ink blotter...

...And a brass reciept spike.

The ol' Parker-61 desk set is complete.  Ready to sign off on typewritten letters & get them into the mailbox!

Now I just need a bigger desk. 

Happy typing!

Brian

10-8-2015 19:54:38  #2

Re: My Desk Runneth Over!

Nice touch with the 6 cent stamps!  I can't remember when those would have been current -- circa 1970 perhaps?

12-8-2015 09:00:16  #3

My mom probably has a calendar like that somewhere in her house.  Or she used to.  Just another thing for me to look for at some point.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

12-8-2015 18:30:39  #4

Fleetwing wrote:

Nice touch with the 6 cent stamps!  I can't remember when those would have been current -- circa 1970 perhaps?

Thanks.  They were still in the holder, so who knows about its age.  Pretty good guess though.  (Stamp collector?) According to a USPS, they were introduced in 1968. 

colrehogan wrote:

My mom probably has a calendar like that somewhere in her house. Or she used to. Just another thing for me to look for at some point.

Yeah, took a few years.  Snagged the desk set many moons ago.  Found calendar at local estate sale a couple of years back.  Was looking for onion skin paper & ran across brass set that kind of rounded it all out. 

My stylin' fishtail pen is happy. 

Board footera