You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17-1-2016 22:11:40  #11

Re: Olivetti Lettera 22 (red key)

So either the edit feature is off, or Uwe needs moderator help because he can't be on here all the time.  I found this post that I quoted in the above post buried in one of the forums here.  Maybe it should be added to the FAQ thread? I make this suggestion because he seemed annoyed regarding the repetition of this question.

Now, that last sentence is my interpretation of the reply by Uwe only.  We can't see faces or know emotions behind words on a screen.  Please keep this in mind.  I don't think any offense was meant.

Smith Premier typewriters are cool!

17-1-2016 22:13:09  #12

colrehogan wrote:

From a post made by Uwe on October 22, 2015

"Sorry, but I had to remove it after finding out that some editing of extremely old posts was going on. Unfortunately, the 'free' forum software this forum uses is very limited and post editing is either an on or off thing, whereas with other forums that I moderate an adjustable period of time for editing is available. I know this probably won't make any sense for forum users, but from a moderation perspective allowing completely open editing can be a real nightmare."

Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks. 

Learned watchmaker and office machine enthusiast from Germany.

17-1-2016 22:19:38  #13

I'm fine with there being no editing after you hit the "submit" button. It's like typing on paper. Once it's in ink on paper it ought to be permanent. You can read your post in the "review" phase of the Post Reply screen (but admittedly, not the Quick Reply box)

Bangin' around, this dirty old town, typin' for nickels and dimes...

18-1-2016 16:46:42  #14

Thank you colrehogan and treefaller. I like treefaller's analogy that it's more like using a typewriter, and his suggestion that there's always the option to proofread what you've written before actually posting it. And to follow up on colrehogan's advice, I've added this subject to the FAQ thread.

​@Maschinengeschrieben​: The forum has a very good search function that can be used to find previous posts on a certain subject. I just used it to find and include links to two of the more recent instances that I've addressed this subject. I'm not acting "harshly" toward you, rather, I was being sarcastic. I know you didn't pay any fees, and that was my point: it seems a little incongruous to complain about missing features in a free forum.
http://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=11330#p11330
http://typewriter.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=9926#p9926

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

18-1-2016 17:11:23  #15

And its a great free forum too... You should see some of the others!

Back from a long break.

Starting fresh with my favorite typer. A Royal Futura!

Board footera