You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20-1-2022 02:40:03  #61

Re: What hobbies do you have?

Lucas Dul wrote:

I have not dipped into large format, it just sounds expensive!  Haven't put the money down for RA4 chemistry, but I really want to.  Medium format is a joy to work with though, gotta love waistlevel.  Something about it just makes me feel at home.

I have a Pentax 645 and a 645N idling in a cupboard - I last used them on a trip to Skye and the Outer Hebrides pre-Covid. Wonderful with a 45mm lens.

Unfortunately, I have no space for a darkroom here.

I wish I was a head light on a north-bound train

22-6-2022 18:53:10  #62

Hobbies- since I retired- gardening, training dogs and horses.

22-6-2022 18:55:10  #63

Just posting messages so I get enough posts to be able to respond with a private message to the people who have inquired about buying the ones I have for sale. I'm sure there must be a reason for this seemingly strange "rule".

23-6-2022 16:35:46  #64

T Allen wrote:

I'm sure there must be a reason for this seemingly strange "rule".

Yes, there is. The "rule" helps to prevent spammers and scammers that constantly attack forums. I'm sorry if this was an inconvenience to you. Maybe if you had to contend with the daily waves of lowlifes that try to ruin things, the "rule" wouldn't have seemed so strange to you.

The pronoun has always been capitalized in the English language for more than 700 years.

27-6-2022 12:25:36  #65

Rescue kitties seem to be a hobby with my wife and me. 

This Fall and Winter, I noticed an abandoned kitty in our neighborhood. Since our Idaho winters can be pretty harsh, I put out our heated kitty condo on our front porch along with a heated bowl for food and another one for water. 

Slowly this “Little Boy” became our porch-kitty and after a month or so, allowed me to pick him up and carry him for short walks. (I did use a heavy winter jacket, leather welding gloves, and even safety glass.)  He was about 70% feral...but there were signs in his behaviours that he was a lost or abandoned house-kitty at one time. So for over 3-4 months, he was happy to be our porch-kitty. 

“Little Boy” was not fixed and one morning he came home with severe lacerations and cuts to his face and his eyes. We had our local mobile Vet hospital come by and take care of his injuries and we had him “fixed”, shaved, tested for kitty diseases, and had his shots done and worming meds. They estimate he is about 2 years old. 

A month in our garage to recuperate and eventually a month in our master suite with gradual introductions to our home and our other rescue kitties (all of which are 100% indoors, only). He now has the run of our home, but at night, we keep him in our master suite just to be safe. 

He likes my hobby room and especially likes to do “head butts” on the CR lever on my newish Royal FP and can actually cycle a line/platen advance several times in a row as he rubs along the lever.

23-7-2022 11:18:41  #66

And he thinks my office chair is now HIS...

23-7-2022 14:46:53  #67

Cats and typewriters are a natural combination.

- Be kind 

23-7-2022 17:03:22  #68

mikeytap wrote:

Cats and typewriters are a natural combination.

A few of my machines are perfect for the storage of cat hair.
Phil Forrest

14-8-2022 11:47:51  #69

I have a lifelong attraction to anything vintage, and my hobbies reflect that. Our house is nearly entirely furnished through years of antiquing. I'm a ham radio operator that uses mostly old tube radios or hybrids (70's era with both tubes and transistors). I collect and use fountain pens, collect and read books, dabble in film photography,  drive an old pre-digital "classic" car on which I do my own routine maintenance and repairs, and I also recently took up vintage cocktail mixology (hic!). Who says old school can't be fun?

Board footera